Well guys – we made it. It’s officially the end of January and time to tell who’s stuck to their New Year Resolutions from ‘Dry Jan’, to the famous Veganuary and all round healthy eating!
As it’s the final day of the month, I’d like to update you all on my recent blogger invite to The Merlin‘s Wellness Event in Alderley Edge, which consisted of alcohol free cocktails, a delightfully tasty vegan menu recommended from a local nutritionist, and of course, a little session of Yoga to add a touch of Zen to the day!
With the restaurant & bar being situated in the highly premium area of Alderley Edge, The Merlin is positioned as a contemporary, gastro pub which serves modern British food with a recently refurbished, idyllic heated outdoor conservatory – very easy on the eye and very ‘insta-grammable’.
Let’s start with the appetizing non alcoholic cocktails gifted from Fever-Tree upon arrival.
SEEDLIP GROVE – my personal favourite; this drink consisted of a blend of three different types of orange and an uplifting spice, highly refreshing.
We also sampled a Cucumber Rose Twisted Tonic – my new ‘go-to’ virgin G&T when next the designated driver or having a cheeky detox during a night out; finally a moreish non alcoholic beverage I can happily consume all evening!
After our introductory talk from Fever-Tree, my fellow bloggers & I were well hydrated and ready for our Yoga class out on the heated conservatory I was just telling you about… A very relaxing way to start a weekend!
After our power hour of yoga, it was time for a short talk on nutrition followed by our ultimate Vegan menu.
Wellness Buffet Menu:
- MEZZE FLATBREAD (VE) – Hummus base, roasted chickpeas, greek-style salad, seeds, avocado & rocket, with a side salad
- SPICED COCONUT CURRY (VE) – with miso sesame aubergine, broccoli, a scorched red chilli and sticky jasmine rice
- NOURISH BOWL (VE) – warm lentil falafel, roasted butternut squash, avocado, crispy chickpeas, pickled rainbow vegetables, baby spinach, slow-roasted tomato dip & soft tortilla
- MASSAMAN CHICKEN SKEWERS – pomegranate and coconut tzatziki dip
- PLANT-BASED BURGER – In a sesame seeded bun with lettuce, tomato, pickle, coconut tzatziki and slow-roasted tomato tapenade, served with a side salad
- HUMMUS (VE)
- SAMPHIRE & BABY SPINACH (V).
My personal favourite had to be the Massaman curry – the burst of flavours from this dish couldn’t help but make me think… meat isn’t always a necessity when dining out.
On this note, I was also pleasantly surprised with the plant-based burger; I’ve finally cracked a healthy tasting burger which leaves you feeling energetic (the pre-Yoga session and refreshing drinks from Fever-Tree helped too!)
A massive thanks again to the PR team and guys at The Merlin for hosting us – the perfect way to kick-start 2020.
So get yourself over to Alderley Edge to enjoy an array of what else The Merlin has to offer this season.
- Monday 7am–10pm
- Tuesday 7am–10pm
- Wednesday 7am–10pm
- Thursday 7am–10pm
- Friday 7am–10pm
- Saturday 8am–11:30pm
- Sunday 8am–9:30pm.