Today’s blog is all about Greka Foods – an authentic, artisan producer of real, hearty Greek produce which is based on the owner’s family recipes, honoring the healthy Greek Mediterranean diet.
Greka was born out of our love for Greece: its land and its produce.
Founded in 2016 by the lovely couple Ian and Sofia, the team at Greka are experts in creating THE BEST authentic, all-natural Greek products that speak to everyone’s heart by utilising the best produce Greece has to offer.
Greka’s products are based on recipes passed through generations of Sofia’s family – from Sofia’s grandmother, to her mother, Georgia. Their recipe philosophy is simple – to allow superb ingredients to speak for themselves.
The desire to share their family’s authentically produced delicacies with us is pretty much their unique story; a story about exceptional produce, fresh ingredients and delicious flavours.
I was delighted to have received a gifted selection of Greka products from the lovely owner, Sofia, who suggested to review their award winning products, such as the handmade Tomato Sauces & Greek Honey.
Here’s a couple of Sofia’s personally recommended ingredient focussed dishes for both a Prawns and Meatball related dish;
1) Cumin Meatballs;
- 4 Slices of White Bread
- 100ml Water
- 100ml Red Wine
- 250g Minced Beef and 250g Minced Pork
- 1 ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Greek Oregano
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 100g of Plain Flour (for seasoning the Meatballs)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Jar of Greka Tomato Sauce with Med Herbs.
2) Prawns Saganaki:
– 250g Raw King Prawns (cleaned and ready to use)
– 50g Feta Cheese (optional)
– 1 Jar of Greka Tomato Sauce with Feta
– Small bunch of Parsley
– Salt and Pepper.
At Greka, they offer an array of MUST HAVE essentials in your kitchen, ranging from the following:
– All natural products that support their family’s traditions and the quality principles of the Greek Mediterranean diet
– Products that are free from artificial flavours, colours, preservatives and sweeteners
– The flavours, tastes, and aromas that they themselves enjoy and share with their friends and family
– Exquisitely versatile products – their products can be enjoyed in a vast array of ways.
Here’s a few key call outs about Greka Foods, in case you didn’t know…
– Healthy, low calorie sauces in a jar (bingo!)
– A range of tomato sauces that are vegetarian, vegan and gluten free
– Award winning with a Great Taste Award recognition.
Now for the good stuff… the best selling products for housing in your cupboard!
–Tomato Sauce with Mediterranean Herbs, which was awarded a Great Taste Award in 2019
– Tomato Sauce with Feta, which was awarded a Great Taste Award in 2019
– Greka’s Handmade Pasta – Greeks make pasta but traditionally they make pasta using sheep’s milk, with the intention to give the pasta a really unique flavour. (Cooking time is approx 4 minutes).
– Greek Honey, naturally sourced which was also awarded a Great Taste Award.
Oh, and ending this blog piece with a sneak peek… Coming soon is Greka’s special Sour Cherry Spoon Sweet (Preserve), which had also previously won a Great Taste Award – so these guys know their sauces!
WHERE TO BUY:
Greka’s products are available through their own website http://www.grekafoods.com but also through the following exclusive farm shops for those who prefer a physical local shop experience if Cheshire based:
– Cheerbrook Farm shop – Nantwich
– The Hollies – Little Budworth
– The Hollies – Lower Stretton
– The Lambing Shed – Knutsford
– Cheshire Quality – Knutsford
– Betley Village Post Office & Shop
– The Rhug Estate Organic Farm – Corwen, Denbighshire.