Looking for the perfect gift for a loved one this Christmas?
With this year more than ever, we NEED to at least get the presents right and I’m sure many of you will agree, food is the way to one’s heart!
Give the gift of love this Christmas with Ross & Ross Gifts; suppliers of award winning Handmade British Food & Gifts. A majority of the business’ ingredients and its artisan producers are sourced locally from in and around the Cotswolds, where the company is based.
Read on to find the best stocking fillers, meat & fish rubs, chutneys and a whole big ultimate full roast set to enjoy just in time for the big day…
Ross & Ross Gifts was established in 2011 and began from the idea of a make your own kit, where people can cure their own bacon & salmon, in the comfort of their own home. The company’s Homemade Curing Kits are very popular, as people love the idea of giving a unique gift and more of an experience to the recipients.
Since then, the brand has rapidly expanded and they now offer a wide range of products. From the Ross & Ross Gifts’ BBQ Range, Hampers, Roast Range and most recently, their Veggie Range.
Their company mission statement is as follows;
“To create original food products and gifts using the best British ingredients and producers”.
Ross & Ross Gifts’ main unique selling point is that the business is based in and around the Cotswolds, so they use all local producers which means the best quality products.
I was delighted to have recently been gifted their latest hero selection as follows:
- The Ultimate Full Christmas Roast
- Onion & Ale Chutney, Steak Rub for Beef & Moroccan Rub for Lamb
- Ross & Ross Gifts’ new Homemade Bacon Curing Tube.
The Ultimate Full Christmas Roast :
I’m pleased to reveal my personal favourite gift box from all Ross & Ross PR products – the ultimate Full Christmas Roast contains all the essential food to make the ultimate Christmas roast dinner. The box includes:
- Roast Turkey Rub
- Turkey, Madeira & Sage Gravy
- Roast Potato Oil
- Cranberry Sauce
- Chestnut & Cranberry Stuffing
- Brussels Sprouts Dust
- Pigs in Blankets Dust
- Recipe cards.
Stocking Fillers :
Now for my ‘add-on’ foodie gift inspiration – the chutney and meat rubs which can naturally fall in to your loved one’s stockings…
- Onion & Ale Chutney; the perfect accompaniment to pies, cheese and terrines. This is the ideal self-gifting idea if you are hosting a buffet/ party and it is also perfect as a snack!
- Steak Rub for Beef; this has a base of garlic and onions with a layer of spicy, smoky and fruity chillis, then fragrance from allspice and dried porcini mushrooms to get an almost umami feel.
- Moroccan Rub for Lamb; perfect on slow cooked shoulder of lamb or butterflied leg. A full-on assault on the senses with these amazingly fragranced spices.
Must have preserves to keep that festive feeling this Christmas!
The Homemade Bacon Curing Tube (Maple & Chipotle):
This Maple & Chipotle tube photographed above is Ross & Ross Gift’s brand NEW curing gift, which contains one cure mix for 1.5kg of Maple & Chipotle bacon.
The curing Kit includes everything you need to cure your own bacon at home as delicious as possible:
- 1 x 90g Maple & Chipotle curing mix
- 1 x 60cm muslin
- 1 x butchers hook
- Easy-to-follow instruction booklet.
So there you have it – a festive feast to cheer up the year! Enjoy.